Cauliflower Fritters with Garlic Dill Sauce
Here’s a light, but satisfying meatless main. The herbed patties team up with a creamy garlic sauce to sneak some vegetables onto your loved ones’ plates.
Makes: 4 servings
Free of: gluten and all top allergens
Garlic Dill Sauce
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) lemon juice
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1 tbsp fresh dill
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard (optional if you have an allergy)
- 1/2 small head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1/2 medium Vidalia (sweet) onion
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup (250 mL) white rice flour
- 1 tbsp baking soda
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh chives, chopped
- 2 tbsp non-GMO canola oil
- 4 gluten-free, allergy-friendly pitas, toasted
- 1 cucumber, cubed
- 1 red chili pepper, sliced
- For the garlic dill sauce, place all ingredients in a blender and mix until smooth and thick.
- For the fritters, place cauliflower in a food processor and pulse to consistency of rice. Scrape into a medium bowl.
- Place onion, lemon juice, olive oil and salt in the food processor and puree. Add flour, baking soda and chili powder and process into smooth, thick batter.
- Stir batter and herbs into cauliflower until well combined.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add canola oil and swirl to coat pan. Drop cauliflower mixture by the heaping tablespoon into the pan and flatten each patty to 1/2-inch thickness. Cook 3-4 minutes per side, or until golden brown. The recipe makes 20-24 fritters.
- Serve fritters on toasted pitas, drizzle with garlic dill sauce and top with cucumber and chili pepper slices.
Recipe first published in Allergic Living magazine. Subscribe today for more great allergy-friendly and gluten free recipes